Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, October 24, 2014

Hexagon Flowers from The Quilt Barn

We love The Quilt Barn!  Heather has been fortunate enough to attend a quilting retreat at their brick and mortar shop in Idaho.  The Quilt Barn is an awesome shop with all things quilty and sewing.  Then they also have a cute blog and offer lots of fun tutorials and other things.  Here's an awesome hexi tutorial from Tara!


Anyone remember this quilt I made last year? I used about 18 Moda Mini Charm Packs and about 4 yards of background fabric.  I had a great time making it and it was, actually, pretty easy. It just takes lots of time.
I think of this as a modern Grandmother's Garden. I didn't want to sew together the hundreds of plain spacers that go between each flower. I was sure I would lose interest. Buuuut...if I didn't have to make the spacers? Perfect

Here is how you can make a Hexie Flower Quilt. A baby quilt would be cute too, and wouldn't be as time consuming..


To see the awesome Hexagon Flower Tutorial, click HERE 


Photobucket

4 comments:

Daytona Damsel said...

Now this I like. Looks modern and not so busy. Thanks for sharing.
Debbie

Norece said...

I am in the process of making this quilt. I am making 225 flowers as I want my quilt to be about 100 inches square. This will be a long term project as I only have 37 flowers made so far. I really appreciate the tutorial - thanks.

Carla said...

This is beautiful. I just love hexies

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

Thank you for your writing. You are very helpful to someone starting to make cloth.ดูหนังออนไลน์